The Royal Polaris crew is led by shippers/owners Frank Lo Preste & Roy Rose along with skipper Johnathan Yamate. The experience of these three operators totals 75 years of experience in Mexican waters. Our crew motto is to give the ultimate in personalized service and cleanliness along with the finest cuisine possible.
Owners, Captains and Crew offer unmatched expertise in all aspects of Long Range fishing. This outstanding crew is well known for leading the industry in its innovative fishing methods and is always happy to share their knowledge through our on board seminars and one on one crew member tutorial for those making their first long range trip.
• First Vessel to ever start tackle seminars on long range trips
• First to start “Chunking” on the West Coast
• First long range vessel to introduce kite fishing
• First to use large squid on the kite and to develop the 2-hook squid leaders used by all long range boats today (Steve Loomis & Roy Rose)
• First vessel to develop the double trouble leader used on the kite for sardines & mackerel (Roy Rose)
• Created the RP knot used to connect spectra to monofilament or Fluorocarbon (John Collins)
• First vessel to introduce hooking sardines in the back of the neck as a new & successful way to fly line baits.
• First Sportfishing vessel to go to Clipperton Atoll